| Additional Resources Accessories |
The Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard not only reduces the outward reach to a mouse on the right side, it also aids in reducing overuse of the right hand by transferring numeric entry over to the left hand. This leaves the right hand only needing to perform standard keyboard entry and cursor control while the left hand is employed for numeric data entry. The placement of the numeric keypad directly adjacent to the CapsLock/Shift column of keys also means that transferring from keyboard to numeric pad requires a minimum of movement for the left hand and arm. And, with only a single column of navigation keys remaining along the right side, the keyboard also lets the mouse be placed in a comfortable position more directly in line with the right shoulder. This layout also offers potential for overall increased performance in applications where numeric entry needs to be done while moving between entry fields. With the right hand now being dedicated to cursor control and the left to numeric entry the time lost when moving from the numeric keypad to the mouse and back again can be eliminated.
The Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard features a glossy black housing with silver trim, and highly visible blue legends on the numeric keypad to help individuals quickly adapt to the new layout.
Note: Both left- and right-handed typists risk overreach injuries whenever they position devices in such a way that they must reach across one device or component to access another. Consequently, even though a numeric keypad on the left might be considered a desirable feature by left-handed typists, the major ergonomic benefits of this keyboard would be lost if a left-handed individual were to continue mousing with the left hand.
For situations where the numeric keypad may not actually be required, the Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard could be considered.
Reduces Risk of Overreach Injury
By placing the numeric keypad on the left, the Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard allows those who mouse with the right hand to place the mouse within the Comfort Zone. When the mouse is in line with the shoulder, the need to overextend the shoulder joint and the risk of injury drops significantly. Learn More About Overreaching.
Balances the Load on the Upper Body Muscles
A traditional keyboard requires right-handed typists to use the same hand for keying in numbers, and for mousing. This repetitive back and forth motion at the shoulder joint can lead to fatigue and injury in that muscle group. Using the Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard, it is possible to distribute the workload more evenly, keying in numbers with the left hand, and mousing with the right.
Reduces Risk of Wrist Extension
With only 0.4” between the work surface and the top of the keys, the slim design of the Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard helps avoid the unhealthy upward bend at the wrists, known as wrist extension, that can contribute to fatigue, pain and numbness in the forearms, wrists and hands. Learn More About Wrist Extension.
- Numeric Keypad on the Left: Allows those who mouse with the right hand to bring the mouse into the comfort zone, without sacrificing the convenience of a built-in numeric keypad.
- Blue Legends on the Numeric Keypad: The numeric keypad features blue legends as a visual cue to help typists adapt quickly and easily to the non-traditional layout.
- Low Profile: The slim housing (only 0.4" high) reduces the potential for wrist extension.
- Two Sets of Navigation Keys: Page Up, Page Down, Home, End, and arrow keys are located on both the left and right hand sides of the keyboard to facilitate rapid and seamless adjustment to the new layout. Those on the left are incorporated as a second level of functions accessed through the numeric keypad when the "NumLock" is turned off". Because the "NumLock" is integrated on the numeric pad, switching between numeric entry and navigation fuction can be accomplished in an instant. Of course, the right hand keys are always active.
- Three Delete Keys: Three delete keys (one on the numeric keypad, one to the left of the spacebar, and the third in the upper right) allow access with the left or right hand.
- Tactile Bumps on Frequently Accessed Keys: Tactile dots and ridges on important landmark keys help experienced typists navigate the keys by touch.
- Windows Hotkeys: Hotkeys offer one-touch access to frequently needed functions such as Undo, Cut, Copy and Paste, to default browser and email programs, to volume and media controls, as well as sleep and shut down commands.
- High Quality Scissor-Switch Membrane Keys: Precision scissor-switch membrane keyswitches provide crisp keying action and fast snap-back of the keys after actuation.
- Highly Visible Key Lock Status Indicators: Activation of NumLock, CapsLock and Scroll Lock is clearly indicated above the numeric keypad.
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard, blue legends
Standard Keyboard, requiring a large movement at the shoulder joint to reach the mouse
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard, requiring a reduced movement at the shoulder joint to reach the mouse
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard, load balancing with left hand on numbers, right hand on mouse
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard, detail of left and right sides
Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Mouse, detail of Hot Keys
- Width at Widest Point: 16.5" (42 cm)
- Width at Narrowest Point: 15.5" (39.3 cm)
- Depth (front to back): 6.25" (15.9 cm)
- Height at Front: 0.4" (1 cm)
- Height at Rear: 0.7" (1.8 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (680 grams)
- Keyswitch: Scissor-switch membrane
- Number of Keys: 119
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: MS Windows (including Windows 10), Unix, Linux and others that recognize the Num Lock key. No driver download necessary. The top row of shortcut keys only work in Windows. Limited compatibility with Mac -- functions that do not work include the shortcut keys on the top row and the 0/Backspace key on the numeric keypad on the left.
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard
- The ultra-slim housing of this mobile-friendly keyboard warrants a little extra care when handling. When removing the keyboard from a bag or briefcase, avoid damage to the keys by grasping the sturdy silver trim on the top edge (with the Evoluent logo). Typing with as light a touch as possible will further minimize the risk of damage to the keyswitches while reducing the strain on your hands.
- When using the Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard ensure that your wrists are in a neutral alignment. The low profile naturally encourages this but it is still easy to adopt non-ergonomic postures. If the surface the keyboard is placed upon can be adjusted take advantage of this or adjust your seating height as needed.
- As you will now have the freedom to keep your hand on the mouse while doing data entry, train yourself to access the numeric keypad by touch. Doing this will let you improved your speed and efficiency, especially when having to move throughout a spreadsheet or program that requires mouse input.
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|R3K|| Evoluent Reduced Reach Right Handed Keyboard||70.00|