Page last updated: Thu, 02-Aug-2018 13:47:30
Evoluent.ca - Detailed Specification Page
| Back to Previous Page |
Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard Wirelessby Evoluent
| Additional Resources Accessories |
The wireless version of the Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard is ideal for portable applications, especially at ad hoc workstations without ready access to an electrical outlet. Lightweight and ultra-slim, the keyboard features full-sized keycaps and a standard key pitch (i.e. the distance between each key cap) of 19.05 mm. The keyboard also offers twelve hotkeys for quick access to multimedia applications and to frequently used functions such as Cut, Copy, and Paste. The Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard has a neutral (flat) profile and crisp, high quality scissor-switch membrane keyswitches. Raised dots and ridges help experienced typists identify important landmark keys by touch.
Note: The Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard provides the familiar row of numbers along the top, but does not have an embedded number pad or an embedded navigation layer. Users who need frequent access to numbers may wish to add a standalone numeric keypad to the workstation.
Reduces Risk of Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist Strain
To access the mouse when using a traditional keyboard with a built-in number pad, users must reach from the home row, over the navigation keys, and then over the number pad. This repeated extension of the arm at the shoulder can place considerable strain on the muscles of the upper body on the mousing side. By eliminating the numeric keypad, the Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard allows users to keep the mouse much closer to the body, and dramatically reduces the need to reach outside the Comfort Zone. Learn More About Overreaching Outside the Comfort Zone
Reduces Risk of Wrist Pain
The ultra-thin housing of the Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard allows the majority of users to type without creating the unhealthy, upward bend at the wrist known as wrist extension. Learn More About Wrist Extension
Regardless of the devices in use, wrist extension cannot be prevented if the work surface is either too high, or too low. Learn More About Improper Work Surface Height
- Standard Keys: Despite its compact dimensions, all the keys (including the function and modifier keys) on the wireless Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard are standard sized, with standard key pitch (i.e. the distance between keys).
- Raised Dots and Ridges: Tactile dots and ridges alert experienced touch typists to the position of important landmark keys.
- High Quality Scissor-Switch Membrane Keys: Precision scissor-switch membrane keyswitches provide crisp keying action and fast snap-back of the keys after actuation.
- One-Touch Hotkeys: Hotkeys provide one touch access to frequently needed functions (Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, Web, E-mail, Computer, Mute, Volume Down, Volume Up, Sleep, and Turn Off).
|Images (Click on any thumbnail to view larger image)|
Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard, Wireless
Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard Wireless - Keyboard Details
Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard Wireless with Evoluent VerticalMouse 4
- Width: 13.0" (33.0 cm)
- Depth: 6.75" (17.1 cm)
- Height: 0.375" (0.95 cm)
- Weight: 0.84 lbs (380 g)
- Number of Keys: 96 (includes 12 hotkeys)
- Keyswitch Type: Scissor Switch Membrane
- Key Pitch: 0.75" (19 mm)
- Keyswitch Travel Distance: 2 mm
- Interface: USB
- Compatibility: Windows XP or newer
Mac (compatible excluding hotkeys)
Linux (compatible excluding hotkeys)
Unix (compatible excluding hotkeys)
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Package Contents: Evoluent Essentials Full Featured, Wireless, Compact Keyboard, 2 AAA batteries, 2.4 GHz receiver (not Bluetooth), extension cable for positioning receiver away from metal obstacles that may interfere with transmission.
- The light weight and ultra-slim housing of this mobile-friendly keyboard warrant a little extra care when handling. Try to type with as light a touch as possible to minimize the risk of damage to the keyswitches, and to prevent the housing from flexing. When removing the keyboard from a bag or briefcase, avoid damaging the keys by grasping the sturdy silver trim on the top edge (with the Evoluent logo).
|For pricing, availability or to order this product, visit our online store.|
|EKBW|| Evoluent Essentials Full Featured Compact Keyboard Wireless, Black||80.00|